Since 1993 serving Writers with free information they can use.
Main Website: https://www.CarolynBLeonard.com
November/December Writers Reminder
Writers Reminder - Sept/Oct 2018
by Carolyn B. Leonard
Got a minute? 3,000 words. Scanning time 7 minutes (including clicks)
IN THIS ISSUE:
1. Local Programs
3. Conferences & Orgs for writers - a half-dozen or more
4. Blog - “The Newest Museum in the Nation’s Capital” (by carolyn leonard)
5. EDITORS for hire!
6. Publishers (Lots of publishers)
7. Agents (a few good ones)
8. Opportunities for Freelance Writers (several)
9. Writing Classes & Grant Offers (Some NEW ones)
10. Jobs for Writers (Eight, last count)
11. Plays and Screen Writing (two NEW)
13. Carolyn’s Book Review: “Katherine” by Anya Seton
14. Letters to Editor (Looking for Critique Grps, Grassroots Lobbying & more)
15. Website Winner – www.MariaVeres.com
Scroll down, and click on any underlined listing to go directly to the subjects you are most interested in. If you find any dead hotlinks, please let me know <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* OKC Writers - 3rd Saturdays each month at 10 am. Now meeting at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 15th and Harvey, OKC. Enter through the northwest door, go to 1st floor, Room 130, (405) 232-1371. (Click here to read program details)
* OKC Christian Fiction writers meet 3rd Saturdays at 1 pm at Henderson Hills church, located at 1200 E I-35 Frontage Rd, Edmond OK. We meet in the church offices on the back side of the church campus. https://www.facebook.com/okcchristianfictionwriters/.
* Pen and Keyboard Writers meet the 2nd Saturday of the month, from 10 AM until noon at the WELL CHURCH (formerly Edmond Christian Church) 2800 E. Danforth Road (corner of Coltrane & Danforth), in the Family Life Center, room 2. The FLC is the building to the right of the Chapel (building with cross). We enter in the north door (door facing parking lot is to kitchen), and go to the second class room on the left.. They welcome anyone who is interested in writing, whether a beginner or published author. The group works together to help each other improve their writing. For more info contact Dianna Street <email@example.com>
* Wordwrights Christian Writers meet from 10 am to noon. the second Saturday of the month in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, at the Catholic Pastoral Center, 7501 NW Expressway, Room #B-13. Directions: Two stoplights west of Rockwell on NW Expressway, turn north on Silver Crossings. Follow the private road until you reach a fork. Go around the building to the north parking lot in front of the Conference Center. Use the glass door (to the west) with the keypad for a code. Once inside, signs will point the way; an elevator is available. If you are a visitor to Wordwrights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance for an entry code.
* Norman Galaxy of Writers - meets every month on 2nd Saturday, 10 AM to noon at Norman Public Library, downtown, 225 North Webster. For more info, email email@example.com
* OKRWA --OK Romance Writers Association meets on the third Saturday of each month; members write romantic suspense, Christian romance, contemporary, erotic, and historical romance. Historical is mainly westerns and the Regency period. Meetings are at the OKC Art Museum in Classroom C at 1 pm. For more information contact Mary Jo Springer email, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
There are at least 75 active museums in Washington DC. Some are more well-known than others, like the Smithsonian. We have visited several of them in the past, and this year we toured the newest one.
A member of the Green family from OKC, Danielle Smith, recently led our group in seeing the Museum of the Bible in Washington DC. If you go, don’t miss the “fly over DC” virtual reality ride. That is, jump in for the six minute virtual reality experience if you are NOT susceptible to motion sickness. The point of this dazzling, multi-sensory tour, “flying” from the Lincoln Memorial to the Library of Congress is to point out many biblical references in and around the capitol city. Visitors stand on a moving ride that simulates flying over the city to see biblical quotes on monuments and othr government buildings.In just five minutes, travelers visit twelve landmarks, highlighting fifteen biblical texts.
Surprisingly, some of the most important monuments, buildings, and landmarks do include religious words, symbols, and imagery............CLICK HERE TO READ THE BLOG AND SEE THE PICTURES
Thumbs down from Writer Beware - quite a long list and descriptions. ALWAYS - before you invest money in publishing your work, check with Writer Beware and other experts. Go here: https://accrispin.blogspot.com/
This wonderful book has been a best-seller for ages, based on the life of Katherine (Roet) Swynford, mistress and later wife of King John of Gaunt (Ghent), Duke of Lancaster and the son of King Edward III. This classic novel tells the most romantic love story in British history – the true tale of Katherine and John, the ancestors of much of the British Royal family. It is set in the vibrant 14th century England, leading up to the Wars of the Roses.
Daughters of a Saxon knight, Payn de Roet, Katherine and her older sister Philippa were orphaned young and placed in the household of John’s mother, the Queen. The deRoets were of Hainalt, a province of what is now SW Belgium that stretches from the Flanders Plain in the north to the Ardennes in the south. Historical events in the book are very well researched, as are the fashions and the physical locales. ......... ................... (click HERE to read the full review )
Maria, a freelance health and business writer, specializes in content marketing writing for mid-sized businesses. With two decades of experience as a wordsmith, She knows how to package your message to get the results you need.
Got something you’d like mentioned in WRITERS REMINDER next month? Do you know another writer who would be interested in receiving this newsletter? Perhaps you found us on the internet and would like to receive an emailed note when a new issue hits the ‘net?
…And now, a brief commercial message